Home » Our Products » ResMic®
ResMic® is a degradable, loadable and calibrated embolization microsphere
- ResMic® resorbs quickly to insure a recanalization of the arteries within one week. A rapid recanalization is required to preserve organs (e.g: uterus after fibroids embolization), or in case of repeated embolization (e.g: tumor recurrence).
- ResMic® is loadable with various drugs (anticancer, antiangiogenic agents, others drugs) to provide a local drug delivery. ResMic® releases 100% of its drug content.
ResMic® is intended for:
- Embolization of benign tumors such as Uterine Fibroids. In a first phase, ResMic® insures an ischemia of uterine fibroids, leading to their necrosis. In a second phase, ResMic® completely resorbs, allowing the recanalization of uterine arteries.
- Embolization of bleedings (hemostasis). At an early stage, ResMic® stops the flow of the bleeding vessels during the time needed for hemostasis and tissue repair. Soon after, the resorption of ResMic® allows blood to flow again to feed the organ (kidney, uterus, spleen, lung, liver…).
- Chemo-embolization of malignant hypervascular tumors of liver (HCC, CRC liver metastasis) or other organs. ResMic® is loaded with an anticancer agent just before the treatment. ResMic® acts in three steps: (1) it blocks the tumor feeding arterioles and provokes an ischemia-induced necrosis, (2) the anticancer drug releases from ResMic® to complete tumor necrosis and prevent tumor regrowth, (3) ResMic® resorbs and the arterioles recanalize, thus allowing to repeat chemoembolization.
ResMic® is easy to use
- Spherical and Calibrated in 200 µm size ranges between 50 µm and 1200 µm to target the occlusion level from proximal to distal vessels.
- Preparation is quick and easy: ResMic® is supplied dry, lyophilized and it is hydrated in minutes in injectable solutions (physiological saline, water…). It is hydrophilic and easily mixed in contrast media.
- Easy to inject in microcatheters without risk of blockade since it is elastic and tolerates a good compression in small catheter lumens.
ResMic® resorbs completely in a controlled time and is well-tolerated
- Spontaneous hydrolysis of ResMic® occurs in body fluids, and resorption is completed in two or three days. Degradation byproducts are fully eliminated by renal filtration.
- Implantation in tissues triggers basically no inflammatory reaction. After resorption, neither scar nor chronic inflammation response remains.
ResMic® is rapidly loadable for Chemoembolization with:
- cytostatic drugs (Doxorubicin, Irinotecan). ResMic® loading capacity is similar to non resorbable drug eluting microspheres.
- anti-angiogenic agents (Bevacizumab and Sunitinib), anti inlammatory drugs, pain-killers.
- other molecules of interest such as bFGF, polyplexes of nucleic acids (SiRNA, genes for gene therapy).
ResMic® performances and tolerance have been extensively evaluated in preclinical studies.